tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 21:46:05 2002

Re: RE: QeD De'wI' ngermey

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Alan Anderson wrote:
> That's a borrowed word, not an invented one, and I'd expect anyone who's
> ever been to a largish gathering of Klingon speakers to understand it.  But
> do you also use {qoQqoq} to refer to the diet version? :-)

mu'vetlh vIjatlhtaHvIS HughwIj 'oy' law' vItlhutlhtaHvIS jatwIj 'oy' puS!

Okay, I'm still not certain if I need the third-person object prefix on
jatlh in this setence.  I think I got it right, because { mu'vetlh } is
what I'm saying, I'm not referring to a prior sentence, and I'm not saying
"that word", I'm making reference to it...

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
   "Never tell people how to do things.  Tell them what to do and
   they will surprise you with their ingenuity." -- George Patton

Back to archive top level