tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 21:40:37 2002

Re: QeD De'wI' ngermey

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Alan Anderson wrote:
> ja' ...Paul:
> >... a FIFO structure is not a stack, it's a list.
>
> It's more usually called a queue.  An ordered list is typically implemented

HIja'. vIqawchu'meH law'qu' qech!

> "Must" is too strong a word.  There are branches of computer science which

Yeah, I agree.  However, I think it is *extremely likely* that it would
develop something similar at some point it the development of the science.
Whether or not something is the common practice or not doesn't mean it
hasn't been named or studied.  :)

> In fact, there's a speculative exercise in Klingon computer programming
> called {var'aq} which indeed lacks variables, though I hadn't thought about
> it until just this moment.

Yeah, I saw that; it was one of my inspirations (especially since I
disagreed with a lot of the idioms he was using ;)

> -- ghunchu'wI'

You're pretty sure of yourself, aren't you?  ;)

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
   "Never tell people how to do things.  Tell them what to do and
   they will surprise you with their ingenuity." -- George Patton

Back to archive top level