tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 16 15:57:34 2002

RE: Tao Te Ching (part III)

>      ju     shan    di,
>      xin    shan    yuan,
>      yu     shan    ren.
>      yan    shan    xin,
>      zheng  shan    zhi,
>      shi    shan    neng,
>      dong   shan    shi.
>
> 8K-0 (old version)
>      juHlIj DachermeH yav SaS yIwIv.
>
> 8K-1 (a slight modification of my old version)
>      juH DachertaHvIS Daq DawIvnISchu'.
>
> 8K-2 (a continuation of Nick's suggestion)
>      juH DachertaHvIS nIvnIS DaqlIj.
>
> 8K-3 (new version)
> [I realize this version is at best controversial and possibly downright
> wrong]
>
>      juH'e', potlh Daq.
>
> 8K-4 (A reverse of the above with respect to what is put into focus)
>      juH Dablu'taHvIS potlh Daq'e'.
>
> 8K-5
>      DaqDajmo' nIv juH.

I don't know chinese yet; which version do you think most resembles the
original?  The chinese looks concise, qar'a'?  1 and 2 look a bit drawn out.
There are some people that won't like 3; I don't see any problem using the
type 5 suffix -'e' in the header where all the other type 5 suffixes get
used.

DloraH

Back to archive top level