tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 11 13:13:00 2002

Re: peD

> For the concept "all day," I would use the aforementioned suggestion of
> {qaStaHvIS X}.  In this case, {qaStaHvIS pem naQ} would mean all day during
> the daylight hours and {qaStaHvIS jaj} would mean a 24-hour period from
> dawn to dawn.
>
> Thus, I am disagreeing with using {Hoch} at all.  That would mean "each
> day, every day."  {naQ} indicates a "whole" amount.

Hoch jaj / Hoch jajmey - all days / each day

jaj naQ = naQbogh jaj  "a day which is whole";  as opposed to the astronomical
phenomena that we have once in a while that gives us a day which is incomplete?

jaj Hoch - all of the day

qaStaHvIS jaj Hoch / qaStaHvIS pem Hoch ...

There were two pies:  naQbogh chab, naQbe'bogh chab.
Fred ate all of one of the pies.  Which pie did he eat?
naQbogh chab Hoch Sop'a'?  naQbe'bogh chab Hoch Sop'a'?

DloraH

Back to archive top level