tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 11 12:06:01 2002

Re: peD

In a message dated 11/5/2002 1:56:13 PM Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> DloraH:
> >When I read his sentence I thought of the pronoun 'e'.
> >
> >SIS 'e' vImuS

I personally feel that {'e'} is not always necessary to refer back to the
and I feel that was already clear.  I did not need {SIS 'e' vImuS} nor {'e'
vImuS}.

For the concept "all day," I would use the aforementioned suggestion of
{qaStaHvIS X}.  In this case, {qaStaHvIS pem naQ} would mean all day during
the daylight hours and {qaStaHvIS jaj} would mean a 24-hour period from dawn
to dawn.

Thus, I am disagreeing with using {Hoch} at all.  That would mean "each day,
every day."  {naQ} indicates a "whole" amount.

peHruS

Back to archive top level