tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 06 20:26:13 2002

Re: qaStaH nuq?

>      I am K'moghjIH of the House Ki'RK. I am still new
>to translating tlhIngan Hol. I belong to House Ki'RK
>and the Klingon Armada International. I command my own
>ship for the House, the ICV Heghnach, but in KAI, I am
>Chief Culture Officer and Linguist. I got assigned as
>Linguist when the CO found out that I had joined KLI
>and had an interest in tlhIngan Hol. I have been able
>to translate a few words into tlhIngan Hol, but I get
>really nervous and frustrated trying to translate
>whole sentences and poems. The CO has me trying to
>translate things and then he wants it broken down into
>phonetic spellings. I need a lot of help with these
>projects.
>
>      In RL, I am a Computer Operator and Network
>Administrator for County Civil Service. I have 3
>Associate's Degrees and a Bachelor's Degree in
>Computers and in January, I start my MBA in Technology
>Management.
>

>K'moghjIH
>House Ki'RK

Welcome to the list, K'moghjiH!  Besides yourself, I'm the newest member,
and I've just begun learning tlhIngan Hol myself.  But if you need quick
help, just include "KLBC" in the subject line to alert Quvar, the Beginner's
Linguist.  (KLBC stands for Klingon Language Beginner's Conversation.)

You can call me maQ, which is a temporary name I've been using.  I intend to
choose something more permanent soon.