tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 06 06:49:35 2002

Re: KLBC: Some Sentences of Varying Difficulty

This was a bit tough to translate...lots of syntactic markers and the
infamous verb *pong*.  Let's see if I've got it right.

>Duj ngu'lu'chu'pa' 'oHvaD chunDabHey ponglu'.
It was called an apparent meteor before it was definitely identified as a
ship.

>Duj ngu'lu'chu'pu'DI' 'oHvaD chunDabqoq ponglu'.
As soon as it had been definitely identified as a ship it was called a
so-called meteor.

>'ej yavaD taHqeq pong Hoch!
And everyone calls your tactical officer a nasty name!
(lughbej 'e'.  jIHagh.)

(If *taHqeq* is more specific than that, I don't have the information.)