tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 01 23:55:26 2002

Re: KLBC-First part of translation from Qov's sentences

At 16:19 02-11-01 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm actually pretty confused because there is more than one verb and i'm
>not sure what is supposed to go where, but here is my first try on it.
> > When I first met Gina she could not speak Klingon at all.
>I couldn't fine could not anywhere in TKD so I changed it to was not, if
>there is info on the word could, please tell me what section to look
>in.  I've read almost all of TKD but could easily have missed it.
>
>Klingon was not able to be spoken by Gina at all when she was first met by me.
>
>thlIngan jatlhlaHbe' Gina {at all} wa'DIch muqIHDI'
>
>Don't give me a full translation, just information on what's wrong and
>why, I want to translate it myself... eventually.

You are on the right track.  Here are my hints.

Look at type six verb suffixes for "at all."
Check the actual definition of qIH.
Reconsider your verb prefix.
See if section 6.2.2 answers your question about what to do when there is
more than one verb.
Remember that tlhIngan is a Klingon person.

Back to archive top level