tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 30 12:01:52 2002

RE: KLBC: noH Qujmey

> I didn't have /rItlh/ or /moQ/ in my Klingon DB.  It's there now!

Do you have KGT (Klingon for the Galactic Traveler)?

> > > tlhIngan noH Quj tuq vIchenmoH vIneH 'ach SuvwI'pu' vItu'nIS.
> > I might have used Sam instead of tu'.
>
> I actually had /Sam/ in there first... I liked the "sound" of /tu'/ better.
> Is there a reason for the difference or is it just more of a preference
> (two words meaning the same thing)??

tu' - discover, observe, notice, find
Sam - Seek and find, locate

When a definition has more than one word/phrase, you need to take into account
all the words/phrases.  /tu'/ doesn't have a direct english translation.  /tu'/
doesn't mean just "find".  It doesn't mean just "observe".  It has a meaning
all of it's own that is sort of a mixture of all the words/phrases.
/tu'/ could kind of work, but it has "observe, notice" in there.  It works good
enough that if we had this conversation outside of this classroom, I wouldn't
think about it and wouldn't mention it.  That's why I didn't say it's wrong, I
just listed what I might have used.

> > DloraH, BG ... a paintball god.
>
> rItlh moQ Qun??? yotlhDaq wItob vIneH! rItlh moQ Qun jIH!  chaq rItlh
> moQ yotlh wIchargchuq!  ghap wInID 'ej wIHegh!

When using -chuq, the prefix can not imply an object.
Is /chaq rItlh moQ yotlh.../ "perhaps we will conquer eachother on the pball
field" or "perhaps we will conquer the pball (together)"?

chaq rItlh moQ yotlhDaq macharghchuq
or
chaq rItlh moQ yotlh wIchargh

> > (I have a small section on my website,)