tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 30 11:06:02 2002

Re: KLBC: noH Qujmey

> Hoch Hogh noH Qujmey vIQuj.  noH Qujmey vIparHa'.
> --Every week I play war games [paintball -- i couldn't come up with anything
> that fit better... a word for 'paint' so i could come up with paint war
> games??].  I like war games [paintball].

KGT tells us that noH is used when refering to a specific war.  veS is used
when refering to war in the general sense.  We would use veS here.

On my webpage I use /veS Quj/ to refer to the game in general.  When I describe
the game I include /rItlh moQ/ "spheres of paint".  (KGT, rItlh "paint, dye").

> tlhIngan Hol jatlh nuvpu' 'ej noH Quj SuvwI'pu' vInej.
> --[I know this one is bad...]  I seek people who speak klingon and are
> war game warriors.

For this we want the -bogh suffix.
tlhIngan Hol jatlhbogh nuvpu'  "people which speak klingon".

tlhIngan Hol jatlhbogh nuvpu'  veS Quj SuvwI'pu'  je vInej.
But this doesn't necessarily mean that the people do both.  This says "people
tht speak klingon and paintball warriors."
We want to connect both qualities into each person.

tlhIngan Hol jatlhbogh veS Quj SuvwI'pu' vInej.
"I look for paintball warriors that speak klingon."

> tlhIngan noH Quj tuq vIchenmoH vIneH 'ach SuvwI'pu' vItu'nIS.
> --I would like to create a Klingon Paintball team but I need warriors.
> [I know this is also weak... suggestions?]

Actually, this is pretty good.  I might have used Sam instead of tu'.

As for tuq... I've played pball with some good player that I wouldn't
necessarily include in my house.  Having someone a part of your house is a
serious thing.  Some words that you can choose from:
tlhach - sect, faction
boq - bloc, coalition, alliance
mangghom - army
wey - company (military term)
nawlogh - squadron
Saqghom - landing party
tIjwI'ghom - boarding party

> [I know some of these are pretty weak.  I am an avid recreational paintball
> player and have always wanted to mix my sport and Klingon... imagine being
> able to call out my commands and positions to my team mates in /tlhIngan
> Hol/!  It would be a great 'code' and would add an interesting element
> to many of the games I participate in.]

This is how I got started in klingon.  I wanted a "code" for paintball.  One of
the guys was a trekkie and showed me TKD.  Now here I am.

DloraH, BG ... a paintball god.

(I have a small section on my website,)
http://www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro

Back to archive top level