tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 24 14:38:30 2002

RE: Terran dates

>    tera' jar jav, jaj wejDIch, DIS cha'-pagh-pagh-cha'
>    June 3rd, 2002
>
> "Earth month six, third day, year two-zero-zero-two"

I did it year-month-day to maintain the noun-noun structure.

In english I always go dd-MMM-yy.  I never understood why people go month (a
general area of measurement)- day (the specific unit of meaasurement)-year
(back to a large unit of measurement).

I think the cha'-pagh-pagh-cha' (individual digits) is just to give
the "stardate" feel for those Trekkies out there.

But as you said, we don't know for sure how it's done on Qo'noS.

DloraH

Back to archive top level