tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 13 19:18:08 2002

RE: god (was: Re: a word is needed?)

I don't see Zeus as any more godlike than any other god. In my eyes
every god is the same.

I revert back to my original argument of just using the name of the god
instead of fussing with words that are not accurate and rely on more
information on the person you are talking to.

We know that the Klingon language is short and to the point, just using
a proper noun seems to fit that idea perfectly, due to the fact that
using Qun, Qun'a', QunHom, Qunna', Qunbej, etc will just confuse the
person you are talking about. If someone said to me:

yIn Qunna' 'e' vIHar. bIHar'a'?

I would have to answer with:

Qunvam yIngu'!

And then your back to using the proper noun anyway. So wouldn't a
Klingon just go ahead and use it to start off with?

qurgh

Back to archive top level