tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 10 14:38:31 2002

RE: House of bonwI' - KLBC

> {tug} meaning house, ancestral unit. How is it used?  I've
> finally chosen a family name and would like to know how to say
> vIghro' from the house of bonwI' or of the house of bonwI'.  KGT
> didn't go into that.

Careful, "house" is tuq.

With rank, title go after the name.  Same thing with "house".  This also
follows the standard noun-noun construction.

... N1 N2 ...
Of all the N2 out there, this is the one that has to do with N1.

HoD quS - of all the chairs out there, this is one that has to do with the
captain.

tlhIngan be' - of all the females out there, this is one that has to do with
klingons.

bonwI' tuq - of all the houses, this is the one that has to do with bonwI'.

Is bonwI' simply a name, or is it suppose to be a klingon word with -wI';
because I couldn't find bon.

DloraH BG, naD puqloD, Seruq tuq

Back to archive top level