tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 07 05:16:58 2002

Re: DIvI' Hol mu' "vetted"

*	From: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
> jatlh qe'San:
> > I would suspect it likely that most if not all original
> > words are penned by the author but if MO vetted it,
> > has he thereby made it canon.

> rut mu' "vetted" vIQoypu'.  "authorize" rurba'.  'ach nuq
> 'oH mu' mung'e'?  chaq mu' poD 'oH 'e' vIQub.  mu'
> "veterinarian" 'oH mungDaj'e' 'e' muja' DIvI' Hol mu'ghomwIj.
> qarlaH'a', pagh cha' mu' pIm bIH'a'?
>
> I've heard the word "vetted" a few times.  It obviously
> means something like "authorize".  But where does it come from?
> I thought maybe it was short for something.  My English
> dictionary tells me that it comes from "veterinarian".
> Can this be right, or am I dealing with two different words?

Well it does mean that but the appropriate meaning in this case

v. vet·ted, vet·ting, vets
v. tr.
	To subject to thorough examination or evaluation: vet a manuscript.

(Courtesy of http://www.Dictionary.com)

> -Sengval

This word is also often used to refer to the process of assessing a persons
clearance level in the Government etc.

qe'San

Back to archive top level