tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 27 13:26:06 2002

RE: pabmey nap pagh napHa'

Stephan suggests:
 > > fuck off
 >
 > could you translate this so: "naDevvo' yinga'chuq"?

rItlhmoQSuvwI' responded:
>Wouldn't that be better translated as:  yInga'chuq'egh

You can't have two Class 1 suffixes on one verb.  Fortunately we have what
seems to be a variant of {nga'chuq} "sex (i.e. perform sex, always
subject)" listed in the KGT glossary: {ngagh} "mate with".  And yes, it's
transitive.  We have a similar suggestion heard on the "Power Klingon" tape:

   targhlIj yIngagh;  yIruch!
   Go mate with your targ!  [punctuation uncertain]

Presumably, you and your lover {nga'chuq} together, but you {ngagh} someone
- or something - else.

And so, what Stephan wants to suggest to our rude poster should be:

   yIngagh'egh; yIruch!

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons