tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 25 18:17:33 2002

RE: KBLC: Hegh

> Heghta' jupwIj vav cha'Hu'.

Time stamps go at the beginning of the sentence.  (TKD p60).
Other than that, your sentence *could* be correct; without the english I
can't be certain of your intent.  But, just in case, I will explain...

-ta' and -pu' are similar.  -ta' is used when the activity is deliberately
undertaken. (TKD p41).  Was there intent in his death?

-ta' and -pu' are not past-tense.  They imply that the action is completed.
Whether it's future-tense or past-tense (per say) is set by the time-stamp.

cha'Hu' Hegh  "Two days ago he died."
cha'Hu' Heghta'  "Two days ago he had already died."

This can be set as future-tense.
wejleS' Hegh  "Three days from now he will die."
wejleS' Heghta'  "Three days from now he will already be dead."  Maybe he
will die today, maybe tomorrow;  By time three days from now gets here, he
will have died.

> chay', jISovbe'.

A rhetorical question followed by your answer?
Perhaps:  meq vISovbe'.

chay' is only the *question* "how".
"I know how he did it." uses a different kind of "how".

> vIjatlhlaHbe'pu', jIH SaHmoH 'e'.

Same thing about -pu'.  Not sure without the english.

The pronoun 'e' can be only the object, not the subject.
You can try using something like ghu'vam.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level