tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 25 18:13:39 2002

Re: Headers. Yet again.

> > Again, he's not saying it can't, just that it hasn't.
>
>I really think he's saying it can't BECAUSE it hasn't.
>
>I'm saying maybe it can, but it doesn't.  And that the only way we'll find
>out about those that do is if Okrand tells us.

From charghwI's posts, it sounds like he's a strict descriptivist.  For a
strict decriptivist, there's no difference between 'doesn't appear' and
'isn't allowed'.  Any deviation from what normally appears is considered
highly marked.  If a native speaker used it, other native speakers would
understand, but they would also know it broke the rules.