tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 11 02:53:53 2002

RE: words for edit image

I know I'm a newbie :-)

but

If the term, nagh beQ is a term that bas been extended to mean the
resulting artwork itself, then a copy either a photo or a drawing is a
representation of that artwork. So could not the representation of the
artwork also mean nagh beQ?

While a visual display sounds more, to me, of the desktop itself or a
console display or a workstation display.

In English a picture is

1. A visual representation or image painted, drawn, photographed, or
otherwise
rendered on a flat surface. (from the www.dictionary.com website)

2. A visible image, especially one on a flat surface or screen: the
picture reflected in the lake; focused the picture on the movie screen.

we also use picture, in English, if its scanned or drawn in a computer.

3. A vivid or realistic verbal description: a Shakespearean picture of
guilt.
4. A vivid mental image.
5. A person or object bearing a marked resemblance to another: She's the
picture of her mother.
6. A person, object, or scene that typifies or embodies an emotion,
state of mind, or mood: Your face was the very picture of horror.
6. The chief circumstances of an event or time; a situation.
7. A movie.
8. A tableau vivant.

Back to archive top level