tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 29 14:42:49 2002

Re: pawwI' paSqu' (was RE: qep'a' plans)

>From: Stephan Schneider <[email protected]>
>/muDDuj/ - plane
>/mebpa'/ - hotel
>
>is this grammatical? can we form such nouns without having canon
>sentences from MO?

/mebpa'mey'/ is a word that appears in KLINGON FOR THE GALACTIC TRAVELER.
*/muDDuj/ does not appear in anything Okrand has written; I don't accept it
as a "canonical" word myself.  However, lack of words for various kinds of
vehicles have encouraged list members to invent their own words.

>why not /chuvmey/ instead of /chuvwI'/?

Because that's the way it is.  It's given to us in TKD.

SuStel
Stardate 2575.8