tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 25 11:47:50 2002

Re: Fwd: Klingon

[ASCII text "picture" of Braille dots removed because it relies too much on
preserving the spacing]

ja' Stephan Schneider <[email protected]>:
>where i can find this alphabet?

Any good encyclopedia should have a chart of Braille characters.  I use a
variation of the character mapping used in some "pIqaD" fonts, where single
letters replace the di- and trigraphs of Romanized Klingon text.

ch -> C, gh -> G, ng -> F, tlh -> X

Because this mapping is typically used with all uppercase (or all
lowercase) letters, q -> K.  The apostrophe is often problematical for
certain applications, so I also add the substitution ' -> Z.

I think it works well for rendering Klingon using Braille (grade 1),
fingerspelling, semaphore, and Morse code. :-)

-- GUNCUZWIZ

Back to archive top level