tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 23 06:52:54 2002

Re: DIp <mIw>

Voragh wrote:

>'ISqu' wrote:
>
> >chay' DIp <mIw> lo' MO?
>
>{mIw}  "procedure, process TKD; step, stage (in a process) KGT
>
>    'oy'naQ DaQeqDI' mIw wa'DIch Data', 'ach 'oy'naQ Dachu'DI' mIw
>paghDIch Data'
>    When you aim the painstik, you accomplish the first step, but when
>you turn >    the painstik on, you accomplish the zeroth step. KGT
>
>"The implication here is that activating the painstik must be done before
>beginning the ritualistic part of the ceremony." (KGT p.177)
>
>    'oy'naQ Dachu'Ha'DI' mIw HochDIch Data'
>    When you turn the painstik off, you accomplish the last step." KGT

Hmm, it seems MO only used {mIw} in the sense "step, stage (in a process)".
Still, the other sense ("procedure, process") is valid, isn't it? So if I
needed to come up with a noun to express the notion of "the way things are",
"the way the universe works/proceeds/operates" could <<'u' mIw>> do the job?

'ISqu'