tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 21 20:01:24 2002

Re: question #2

>I wanted to know if it is possible to find an expression "the most
>something" and then use it like a noun,
>like "I am at (the most something)".

I've often found that an intractable translation often succumbs to turning
the idea around.  In this case, I'd turn the sentence inside out:

   "The place I am at (is the most something)."

[Of course, this still has a "restaurant where we ate" problem, but we can
rephrase it as "my location (is the most something)."]

So we get {DaqwIj 'IH law' Hoch 'IH puS}, which was one of the phrases
already suggested.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level