tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 16 22:13:54 2002

RE: KLBC: First try

> OK. I understand and I will give it a try. Donīt laugh!

Hagh qoHpu' neH  HeghtaHvIS SuvwI'pu'.   (TKW)
"Only fools laugh while warriors die."

You try, that is what counts.

> baj Hem SuvwI'. rep ghoS rep 'ej jaj ghoS jaj. nong SoH
>
> I know that dream is "naj", but then I donīt come any further!
>
> > "The warrior was proud of his work. He went on from hour to hour,
> > and from day to day. He was a passionate and moody warrior who
> > became lost in his dreams."

baj is a verb, "earn".
Hem is also a verb, "be proud".

We also have Qu' "duty, task, mission".  Sometimes we use it to refer to our
jobs.  yaH "duty station", sometimes we use this for our place of work.

Hem is "be proud", not "be proud of".  For this we will use the suffix -mo.
This can be found on page 28 of the dictionary.

For "his" we use the suffix -Daj.

Qu'Dajmo' Hem SuvwI'.  "The warrior was proud because of his duty."

What does it mean "He went on from hour to hour, day to day"?  Is this the
same as, "He worked every hour, every day"?
ghoS refers to physically traveling from one place to another.

Hoch jaj, Hoch rep, vum.  "He worked every hour, every day."

I'm not sure how to say "moody", but we do have "passionate".
Remember that naj is the verb "dream", not a noun.

tlhoy najbogh SuvwI' nong  "A passionate warrior that dreams too much."

SoH means "you".  Where you wrote /nong SoH/, it is "you are passionate."

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level