tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 01 12:50:00 2002

Re: the banned book / BG

From: "Steven Boozer" <[email protected]>
> ghunchu'wI' is right:  We don't know whether {malja'} can refer to a place
> of business as in English.

Riiiight . . . but we don't know that it can't, either.  I think that
advising against such a use is a bit presumptive.  There are lots of words
we haven't seen used or used fully; we can't forbid ourselves their use if
we're unsure.  We just need to keep our uncertainty in mind.

Without evidence to the contrary, I would have no problem with someone
saying /malja' vIghoS/ "I went to the business."

SuStel
Stardate 2498.9

Back to archive top level