tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 31 13:33:15 2002

Re: Klingon WOTD: tlhatlh (n)

>>...The "gladst" pronunciation is a Klingon one, not a Terran one.

ja' ro'Han:
>majQa'! I did not know this. For those without KGT, the dialect of Klingon
>spoken on the planet Morska is typical of this (resulting, I believe, from
>Commander Keraz mispronouncing his Klingon lines in Star Trek VI),...

No, it's the other way around.  The Morskan lines were intentionally
*written* with the unusual dialect, and the actor did a credible job of
pronouncing what he was given.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level