tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 24 18:20:36 2002

RE: ? about a word.

> I'm trying to give our ship a Klingon name.  The name
> of the ship is USS Schrodinger.  Since it was about a
> cat in a box, whether or not it was alive or dead.  I
> thought the Klingon word should be Hidden Cat.  Now I
> have found a word for hide, but is there a word for
> hidden or is it ok to use "So'" for hidden. Also I
> can't find a word for cat.  Any opinions, or help
> would be helpful.

How does a cat in a box fit in with Star Trek?

So' is "hide".  It is not "hidden".

Did the cat hide itself or did someone/something hide it?

Because "hide" is not a stative verb it can't be used as an adjective, so we
will need to use the -bogh suffix (Read TKD p63).

There is an animal that is similar to a cat.  vIghro' (KGT)

If the cat hid itself,        So''eghbogh vIghro'
If someone else hide the cat,  vIghro' So'lu'bogh

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level