tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 22 18:43:58 2002

Re: Klingon WOTD: rI' (v)

ja' "Sean Healy" <[email protected]>:
>Do we know whether this refers to the atmospheric phenomenon or to saluting?

The word {rI'Se'} "hailing frequency" is a pretty good indication that it's
the latter.  Besides, both {rI'} and {rI'Se'} are found in TKD's addendum,
which is full of words used in a couple of Star Trek movies and the first
year or so of Star Trek: The Next Generation.  I don't recall any ice
falling from the sky in any of those on-screen presentations.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level