tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 20 14:07:04 2002
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[KLBC] 4 more questions...
- From: DOOM_er <DOOM_er@dds.nl>
- Subject: [KLBC] 4 more questions...
- Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:06:51 +0100
Hi again, I wanted to translate this into Klingon:
"I am writing this because I need to practice my Klingon."
And came up with:
tlhIngan HolwIj vIqeqnISmo' 'oH vIghItlhlI'.
But it raised a few questions for me...
1) 'oH is "it"... how can I say "I am writing THIS"?
2) Could I also use just "tlhIngan" instead of "tlhIngan Hol" when
referring to the Klingon language ("Klingon")? (Probably not, all the
examples use Hol, but I'm just checking...) Btw, the -wIj is placed
correctly this way right?
3) Is this sentence even overally correct or is it too ackward?
And another question unrelated to that sentence:
4) Can I use -Daq with things like the Internet? ("there are not many
Klingons on the Internet") Or must it really be a real, touchable location?
Thanks again for the assistance. :)