tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 19 13:20:05 2002

RE: monkey (was: Re: A couple of questions.)

>If I remember correctly, in a TNG episode (I don't remember the name), we
>learn that Klingons evolved from a targ-like ancestor

Now that I think about it, I could have written this in Klingon:

targh rurbogh qempa' mut Hach'eghmoH tlhIngan mut.

tlhIngan mut moj targh rurbogh qempa' mut.

I don't really like {Hach'eghmoH} in the first sentence, as it seems to
indicate that they did it to themselves, but I couldn't find any other word
to use.  And the second sentence doesn't really seem to work, either,
because according to the theory of evolution, a species doesn't simply
become another species.