tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 17 15:40:32 2002

Re: [KLBC] some more questions/ Ans. to ?'s.

--- [email protected] wrote:

> Again thanks for the explainations, DloraH.
> I have a couple of further questions...
>
> One has been on my mind for quite some time... how
> do I say "I think about
> something"? Or "dream about something"? I could use
> "something causes me to
> think" but that's not quite the same...
>
> There's a verb for "be excellent", but how can I say
> "he fought excellently"? I
> could use "his fightings were excellent" but is
> there no way to modify the verb?
> If only there had been a "in a good manner" verb
> suffix. :) (Yes, there's
> "perfectly", but how do I simply say "good"?)
>
> Also, just verifying this... there is no ? and no !
> in Klingon? Since both
> questions and commands are handled grammatically?
>
> And the final question... to practice, I often try
> to translate random English
> texts into Klingon. The other day I came across
> "within a 50 mile radius". Apart
> from the fact that there's no Klingon word for mile,
> I have no clue how to
> translate this. Can you help?
>
> Oh, and one last quick question... is there a
> Klingon word for "ten million"? If
> not, how do I say "40 million"?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Dum'er
> I'm not certain, but I do not believe there is a
Klingon word 4 "10 million".  The way you would say
"40 million," is "loSmaH'uy'".  This is the way I have
undaerstood it is written in Klingon.  "10 Million,
shown in TKD, is "wa'maH'uy'".  I hope I have
translated this correctly.  Live Long & Prosper,
T'Anna Kirk.