tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 17 13:59:41 2002

RE: More puns in new vocab

Recently, someone was looking for examples of ambiguity in Klingon. Here's a
shining example, since {puqpu' moH chaH} clearly means both:

"They exert undue influence on children."

"They are ugly children."

You can express the latter as {puqpu' chaH; moH je,} or {moH puqpu'vam.}

Meanwhile, you really have to stop and think to come up with another clear way
to say the former. Maybe {latlh puqpu' moH chang'engvam.} That's a little
harder to misinterpret, since the only potential verb is {moH}.

charghwI'

> >charghwI':
> >
> > > But then, who are the Olsen twins? I know I've heard the reference, but it
> > > didn't stick. jIlIjpu'.
>
> pagh:
> >puqpu' moH chaH.
>

> mu'tlheghvam vIlaDDI', pay' jIHaghqu'! qu'ba' vuDlIj. ;-)
>
> - taD

Back to archive top level