tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 17 10:31:01 2002

[KLBC] some more questions

Again thanks for the explainations, DloraH.
I have a couple of further questions...

One has been on my mind for quite some time... how do I say "I think about
something"? Or "dream about something"? I could use "something causes me to
think" but that's not quite the same...

There's a verb for "be excellent", but how can I say "he fought excellently"? I
could use "his fightings were excellent" but is there no way to modify the verb?
If only there had been a "in a good manner" verb suffix. :) (Yes, there's
"perfectly", but how do I simply say "good"?)

Also, just verifying this... there is no ? and no ! in Klingon? Since both
questions and commands are handled grammatically?

And the final question... to practice, I often try to translate random English
texts into Klingon. The other day I came across "within a 50 mile radius". Apart
from the fact that there's no Klingon word for mile, I have no clue how to
translate this. Can you help?

Oh, and one last quick question... is there a Klingon word for "ten million"? If
not, how do I say "40 million"?

Thanks again!

Dum'er

Back to archive top level