tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 17 06:53:35 2002

Re: More puns in new vocab

ja' SuStel:

>> One thing too...  Alice was supposedly based on a girl that Lewis Carrol
>> knew, a neighbor's daughter.  Is it possible that neighbor was Alice
>> Olson?
>It was Alice Pleasance Liddell.

>Good background information and trivia:
>http://www.heureka.clara.net/art/alice.htm

ngoDvam ja'be' jabbI'IDvetlh: Liddell-Scott
(http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/ptext?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.04.0057&qu
ery=head%3D%231), *Greek* Hol tIq mu'ghom potlhqu', qonmeH jij Alice vav.

                              Dr Nick Nicholas. [email protected]
http://www.opoudjis.net
  "Must I, then, be the only one to be beheaded now?" "Why, did you want
everybody to be beheaded for your consolation?" Epictetus, Discourses 1.1.

Back to archive top level