tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 16 19:43:18 2002

RE: More puns in new vocab

>> The Olsen twins

taD:
: When I saw {SIla'} and eventually read it backwards, I realized that it
: referred to Alice Through the Looking Glass. I then read {neSlo'} backwards,
: and saw "Olsen". I assumed that this referred to the aforementioned Olsen
: twins (who both played the part of Michelle Tanner on the tv show Full
: House). The connection with mirrors probably is that the twins are mirror
: images of themselves; in fact, I seem to recall that in one episode of Full
: House, in a dream sequence, one of the twins looks into a mirror and the
: mirror image (played by the other twin) steps out of it and interacts with
: the "real" one.

I'm sure it'll show my age, but the only TV "mirror twin" bit I remember was in
opening credits to the "The Patty Duke Show".  Of course Duke played both
twins, with the aid of some (for the time) fancy special effects.

: Also, the latest issue of HolQeD says that a {neSlo'} is smaller than a
: {SIla'} - if you compare the height of the Olsen twins with the typical
: tall image of Alice, the Olsen twins are shorter.

Ironically, the Olsen twins are today about the same age Alice was in Lewis
Carroll's books (about 13 or 14), but back in "Full House" they were infants.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level