tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 05 12:50:32 2002

KLBC: continue

How would I say that I continue doing something that I was already doing?

I continue fighting
{jISuvqa'} says that I stopped at some point and then started again.  I
don't want that.
{jISuvtaH}, if I understand it correctly, doesn't get across the idea that
this is a continuation of a previous action, but rather says that I am
continuously fighting.

What I really want to get across is the idea that I am doing the same action
I have been doing for a (long) while.

{jISuvtaH.  pagh vIchoHta'.}  might work.  I am fighting.  Up to this point,
I have intentionally made no changes.  Although maybe the {-ta'} suggests
that the period of not changing things has come to end, and I am about to
change something.  I don't necessarily want to imply that.

Or I could go for the complete recast and say {jISuv 'e' vImevbe'.}  Within
the context, that would probably work.

Any suggestions?