tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 11 02:48:19 2002

Re:tlhIngan-Hol Digest 11 Feb 2002 06:00:00 -0000 Issue 2122

I have also been working on a method of writing pIqaD but my method is using pencil or ball pen.
I've spent more time on it than learning the language.
  Chinese writing started out using a brush. When pencils and pens came about brushes were tossed aside and left for calligraphy professionals. I've taken the Chinese and Japanese ideas and started developing a stroke order and a direction of flow.  It's not as simple as I thought it would be when I first started but I still think it's a great idea.  Why did I not want to use brushes? Who carries calligraphy brushes around in their pockets? We all have quick and easy access to pen and paper and I don't want to always depend on having a computer around to write pIqaD.  Carrying around a brush or delicate stylus would prove to be inconvenient.
 Unfortunately, my handwriting is bad, and I mean bad, so anything I do will be ugly, to say the least, but with the idea placed in the right hands I'm hopeful there could possibly be a way of handwriting pIqaD in the near future.
vIghro'  (Cat >^..^<)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Back to archive top level