tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 19 13:03:11 2002

Re: naH Doq

Voragh quoted Uhura:
> > rura' penteDaq Soj Doch <yuS???> vIqIch...
> > We is condemning food... things and supplies to Rura Penthe. ST6

Quvar:
>--> rura' pente'

va!  jIghItlhHa'qa'ba' jay'!

> > tajwIj 'oHbe' chorlIj jeqbogh Dochvetlh'e'
> > That is not my dagger protruding from your midsection. FTG
>
>What's FTG?

"Star Trek: Federation Travel Guide" by Michael Jan Friedman (New York:
Pocket Books, 1997).  There were about three pages on Kronos and Marc
Okrand contributed this one "useful phrase", introducing the verb {jeq}
"protrude from".  Okrand discussed {jeq} on startrek.klingon (6/1997):

   The object of this verb would be the thing from which something else (the
   subject) protrudes. Thus, {chor jeq taj} means "a knife protrudes from a
   belly". I suppose this is a handy word to know if you're vacationing on
   {Qo'noS}.

--
Voragh                            "Damage control is easy. Reading
Klingon--that's

Back to archive top level