tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 19 13:16:26 2002

Re: Klingon WOTD: paS (v)

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Wednesday, December 18, 2002.
>
>Klingon word:   paS
>Part of Speech: verb
>Definition:     be late
>
>Additional Notes:  CK and KGT.
>Opposite of {'eq}.

As used in canon:

   paS.
   He's late. CK

On startrek.klingon (Jan. 1998), Okrand provided three ways to translate "I
was too late to visit you":

   jIpaSqu'mo' narghpu' qaSuchmeH 'eb.
   Because I'm very late, the opportunity to visit you has escaped.

   qaSuch vIneH 'ach narghpu' 'eb.  jIpaSqu'.
   I want to visit you, but the opportunity has escaped. I am very late.

   qaSuchlaHbe'.  jIpaSqu' vaj narghpu' 'eb.
   I cannot visit you. I am very late, thus the opportunity has escaped.

--
Voragh                            "Damage control is easy. Reading
Klingon--that's

Back to archive top level