tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 16 21:43:08 2002

KBLC

OK, according to Dr. Speers' wonderful FAQ, I am allowed to post sentences
of my own composition on here. So, if you all will indulge me:

jIQongtaHvIS jIvumlaH-
        I can do this job sleeping.

(I am curious if I need to use {'e'} with {jIQongtaHvIS} as the antecedent)

Also:
     potlhHom 'oH Sepvetlh'e'
       - "The region is of minor importance"
(I am questioning the use of {potlhHom} ("little important thing"?), as I am
not sure this is a valid translation, or that this sentence has a valid
translation)

Another question: Is it that I'm so new to the language, or are the speakers
of thlIngan Hol in the movies and TV just really bad? In ST6, one line of
dialogue goes:
      {DIHIvlaHtaHvIS DIHIvnIS}
          We need to attack them while we still can
but I hear the actor say:
      DEE HEEV LA TA VEES DEE HEEV NEES
Am I listening incorrectly, or is that what he actually said?

Eternally lost,
ngabwI'