tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 31 14:32:07 2002

Re: tlhIngan Hol lujatlhbogh puq'e'

>jIjatlh:
>>  >to be fair, we know that at least for some verbs, the noun in the object
>>  >"role" can be marked by <-Daq>, and in either this thread or the one(s)
>>  >about "adverbials", someone quoted the relative clause example, where
>>  >the noun in the subject "role" at least appears to be marked by <-Daq>.
>>  >
>>  >thus, one is free to assume that "syntactic markers" may appear in any
>>  >of the three "roles" Subject, Object, and Header, although they in fact
>>  >most often appear in Headers if they're not <-'e'>. One can then lump
>>  >together <-'e'> with all the other type 5s - as is done in TKD... nothing
>>  >much gained, nothing much lost either, so far, IMO.
>>
>mujang tulwI'. jatlh:
>>  i think that there are header nouns with /-'e'/. i think i have seen
>>  a sentence that had an object and a preceding noun with /-'e'/. or a
>>  verb can have two objects or the first noun with /-'e'/ belongs to
>>  the header.
>>
>all I meant to say was that "they...most often appear in Headers"
>does not apply to <-'e'>.
>
>>  >It gets muddy, though, when one starts to consider whether Subjects
>>  >and Objects are filled with nouns without an explicit "syntactic marker";
>>  >are these two kinds of null-suffixes, the same, or "no case"?
>>  >what about time stamps?
>>
>>  excellent question. :) (i think that is what i wanted to know all the
>>  time.)
>>
>the point is, if you want to champion the case for Klingon cases
>(sorry, couldn't resist the pun), *you* should find the answers
>to those questions and tell us what you've come up with.

i'm already discussing this point with Holtej, and i tried to express
myself, and he in my opinion understands very well why i want have to
come up with. the only thing is that he disagrees. unfortunately i'm
not convinced yet, and so maybe we should maybe accept that i don't
succeed in convincing you and you don't succed in convincing me.
that's not too tragic. i try to avoid speaking about cases as much as
i can. for example, right now. bye!

tulwI',
sts.

Back to archive top level