tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 24 09:07:21 2002

RE: Klingon scrabble

> By any chance did you make the board (and pieces) triangular, like a
> klin-zha board?  <g>
>
> Actually, in light of what we now know about the three cardinal
> directions
> in Klingon and the fact that we've seen Klingons use triangular tactical
> grids, that's not such a bad idea.  (Unfortunately I can't make one:  I
> failed wood shop back in school!)

I can make the set if someone can figure out the rules.  To understand what
I mean here, draw the grid on paper, and try laying out some words.  In
Scrabble, any point of contact needs to make a word; and with klingon being
CVC, this would be difficult.  You would need special rules.

On a side note, I have three sided Dominoes.

'ej DaH tlhIngan Hol vIlo'nIS.

chut cherlaHchugh vay', Quj vIchenmoH.  choyajmeH, navDaq tlheghmey
tIghItlh, 'ej mu'mey Dalan 'e' yInID.  ScrabblevaD, mu' chenmoHnIS Hoch
rarbogh 'ay'mey;  'ej tlhIngan Hol mu' chermo' CVC, Qatlh Qu'vam.  chut le'
chernISlu'.

latlh De', wej Dop ghajbogh Dominoes'e' vIghaj.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level