tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 01 14:07:30 2002

Re: pawwI' paSqu' (was RE: qep'a' plans)

tulwI':
>>>/muDDuj/ - plane
>>>/mebpa'/ - hotel
>>>
>>>is this grammatical? can we form such nouns without having canon
>>>sentences from MO?

SuStel:
>>/mebpa'mey'/ is a word that appears in KLINGON FOR THE GALACTIC
>>TRAVELER.  */muDDuj/ does not appear in anything Okrand has written; I
>>don't accept it as a "canonical" word myself.  However, lack of words for
>>various kinds of vehicles have encouraged list members to invent their
>>own words.

Oddly enough, in his article on airplane vocabulary in the recent HolQeD,
Okrand didn't provide us a word for "airplane" itself!  So people have to
make do.  Calling every type of vehicle or craft a {Duj} "ship, vessel"
would get tiresome.

FYI: Some people on the List use *{yavDuj} "groundship" for "automobile,
car"; others have used *{ghor Duj} "surface (of planet) vessel".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level