tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 16 16:45:09 2002

Re: KLBC: jIrop

> >rut maroptaHvIS, mapujmoH.
>
> jIyaj, 'ach bIQaghlaw'.  "weaken" 'oH {pujmoH} ja'mo' TKD, "we weaken" DaneH
> 'e' vIQub.  'ach {puj} + {-moH} 'oH, vaj "transitive" 'oHlaw'.
> {mapujchoH} yInID.
>
> I don't think you meant to say that when we're ill, we sometimes weaken
> something else, I think you meant to say we sometimes _become_ weak.
>
> Or are we supposed to wait for the BG to respond, even if it's a
> non-grammar-related response to a KLBC post?  I was never clear on
> that.

I won't have you publicly stoned this time.  :)

BG is first to reply on grammar issues.
Anyone can reply (first, or after) on content, the topic being discussed.

But you are correct, we don't want -moH here.  We can use -choH, "while we are
sick we become weak".  Depending on what you want, you could go without
suffixes, "while we are sick we are weak."

/pujmoH/, the subject causes the object to be weak.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level