tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 16 00:35:50 2002

Re: the whys and whenfors of translation

In a message dated 4/15/2002 7:27:41 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> "Worlds Apart" which they translated as /chevbogh qo'mey/, which I in
> turn back-translate as "Worlds which separate".  So far none of the
> oppinions
> that I've seen match this idea.  I was curious how he came up with it.

I am the translator.  I admit having trouble with the title, the original of
which really is "Worlds Apart."  I have not yet reviewed all the ideas
submitted; I'm glad people are stirred to thinking how they would translate
something.

Meanwhile, I have reconsidered and provide qo'mey chevlu'bogh.

peHruS

Back to archive top level