tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 27 14:52:23 2001

Re: nan

DloraH wrote:
: The spikes protruding from klingon boots are located over the nanwI'.
: Coincidence?  Hmm.. I wonder if that's the origin of the boot spike.

  "On the toe of each high boot ({DaS}), likewise made of animal
   hide (DIr), was a clawlike spike called a {pu'}." (KGT p.58)

Didn't we briefly see Worf's feet in the TNG "Ethics", the episode where he was
paralyzed?  IIRC there was a sort of vestigial claw on the nanwI'.  I assumed
that was the make-up artist's explanation for the boot spike - an exaggerated,
armored protection for the nanwI'.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons