tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 26 21:57:04 2001

Re: *Enterprise* Hol rurbe' tlhIngan Hol

Actually, I caught a couple of appropriate words.  Just a couple, mind you!
The one I can think of offhand is /juH/, which Hoshi pronounces as "joo"
(which is what you'd expect her to pronounce), assuming that the last word
of Hoshi's sentence was supposed to be "home" (as it was in her English
translation).

Clearly, a lot of it is gibberish.  Or, at least, not /ta'ma' tlhIngan Hol/.

But hey, who says /ta' Hol/ as we know it even exists in 2151?  If ever
there was an argument for excusing gibberish as /no' Hol/, this is it.

And we don't know for sure that the Klingon didn't live in the hinterlands.

That was more Klingon than we've ever gotten in any Star Trek episode!  Too
bad most of it's useless to us.  I liked Hoshi's translation for "Shut up,"
though.

SuStel
Stardate 1738.8