tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 07 16:36:03 2001

RE: KLBC: without

qoreQ:
> how do I express 'without' in tlhIngan Hol?
> Ultimatly I want to say something along the lines of 'Without
> knowledge I can not finish my work'.

taD:
: Or you could use the verb {Sov} ("know") or {yaj} ("understand") instead of
: the noun {Sov} ("knowledge"), and say something such as "If I do not
: perfectly know (or understand)..."
: You could also specify the knowledge that you need to know for your work,
: and say "If I do not perfectly know science (or economics, computers, etc.)"

Also consider {De'} "information, data" or {ngoD} "fact" if you're referring to
the lack of some specific piece of knowledge required for your work rather than
knowledge {Sov} in general (which Okrand has never used in a sentence).

Other knowledge-related nouns include {leSSov} "foresight", {qech} "idea",
{nger} "theory", {vuD} "opinion" and {QeD} "science}.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons