tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 07 15:45:25 2001

RE: KLBC: without

qoreQ said:

	how do I express 'without' in tlhIngan Hol?

	Ultimatly I want to say something along the lines of 'Without
knowledge I can
	not finish my work'.

As ter'eS suggested, you could use the word {Hutlh} ("lack"), or perhaps
{ghajbe'} ("not have"). If you want to express "without knowledge", you
could say "If I lack knowledge..."
Or you could use the verb {Sov} ("know") or {yaj} ("understand") instead of
the noun {Sov} ("knowledge"), and say something such as "If I do not
perfectly know (or understand)..."
You could also specify the knowledge that you need to know for your work,
and say "If I do not perfectly know science (or economics, computers,
etc.)..."

- taD

Back to archive top level