tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 31 21:53:02 2001

Re: onomatopeia

Many Klingon words are onomatopeia.  Here are some:

Hagh
HIq
'argh
yIH
'uH
paw' (and compare to /paw/)
ghup
SuS
'aw'
ghIH
yay
yay'
bom

There are definitely others.

Then there are those words that are onomatopeia as a joke.  Klingons
wouldn't consider them onomatopeia.  Some that I can think of:

'Iw
'IH
'oy'

/Hagh/ is "laugh," which should do the trick.  Are you saying you only want
a noun?  There is no known noun in Klingon for "laughter."  Can't a verb do
the job?

SuStel
Stardate 1834.8