tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 31 11:26:49 2001

Re: onomatopeia

Sean Healy wrote:
: Do we know of any Klingon onomatopeia?  I'm specifically looking for

Some people have suggested that {tlhutlh} "drink", {voQ} "choke" and {HIq}
"liquor (beer, wine, ale, etc.)" are examples of onomatopoeia.

: laughter (although other examples would be interesting, as well).
: Would I just have to use {Hagh}?

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for.  Other than {Hagh} "laugh",
related verbs include {mon} "smile, grin, sneer, snarl, smirk" (for the
physical action), or {vaq} "mock" and {nuS} "ridicule" (as alternatives for
"laugh at") -- though none are onomatopoetic AFAIK.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level